XIII International Research-to-Practice Conference
Teaching, Educating, Loving: the Year of Children in Kazakhstan
Welcome to Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools AEO’s
XIII International Research-to-Practice Conference!
Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools AEO is the leading force behind the change in secondary education of Kazakhstan. Since 2008, we have developed innovative educational programs, assessment systems and educational resources for teacher training that are disseminated throughout the education system in Kazakhstan.
Registration for the Conference will be available soon!
All of the news and updates will be posted here on our website
1. Requirements for Abstract Submission
You can submit an abstract via our online-system by providing the following information:
- title of your submission (up to 20 words);
- abstract body (up to 900 words);
- a list of references (up to 300 words);
- selected network;
- format (session presentation or poster).
The main requirement is that all submissions should be relevant to preschool, primary and/or secondary education.
Submitted abstracts will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- clear and comprehensible language;
- research originality and relevance;
- empirical or analytical nature of research (rather than descriptive one);
- abstract should be well- structured presenting the context, research purpose and questions, theoretical framework, methodology, main findings, and conclusion;
- clear and consistent citation of the references within an abstract.
Your abstract will be reviewed by the Academic Committee consisting of international and local experts in education.
The review results announced via email on 27 September 2022.
If you have any questions regarding the abstract submission process, please do not hesitate to contact us at submissions (@) nis.edu.kz.
2. Presenting at the Conference
Now that your abstract has been accepted, you need to follow these steps:
- submit the title of your work in three languages (Kazakh, Russian, English) in order for your work to be included in the Conference program. send it to submissions (@) nis.edu.kz before 30 September 2022.
- prepare a presentation in three languages (Kazakh, Russian, English);
- save your presentation as PDF;
- send your presentation to submissions (@) nis.edu.kz before 10 October 2022
- register for the Conference as a participant https://conf.nis.edu.kz.
If your paper has been accepted but for some reason you decide not to present, please let us know as soon as possible by writing to submissions (@) nis.edu.kz.
The information about the allocated time for the presentation will be released in the Conference Programme.
Participation in the Conference entitles presenters to the inclusion in the Conference proceedings, provided the publication passes the academic review and meets the necessary requirements. Please find further information in Point 4.
In order to save time and make the session more dynamic, we propose to consider an alternative to the standard presentation format and join the Ignite Talks format!
This format is gaining popularity in events such as conferences and forums.
Ignite Talks has a fixed format where the speaker prepares 20 slides that automatically jump to 15 seconds. Examples of these impression-based presentations can be found at the back link:
All Ignite Talks were presented during breakout sessions with session congressmen and moderators who presented after having raised the main points (for 5 minutes).
If you would like to switch to the Ignite Talk format, please let us know by September 30, 2022, we will send you instructions for presentation design and include you in the program with the established format.
3. Requirements for Posters
Now that your abstract has been accepted for a poster session, you need to follow these steps:
- register for the Conference as a participant https://conf.nis.edu.kz;
- design a poster following the instructions below.
Posters should provide an overview of the conducted research with the analysis of the collected data. Poster is designed in one of the Conference languages (Kazakh, Russian or English), i.e. the language in which you submitted your abstract.
Poster should be visually attractive and functional.
Create your poster using software of your choice (PowerPoint is recommended).
Poster format is A3 size, minimum font size – 28pt.
The poster should contain the following sections:
- Purpose and relevance of research;
- Research questions;
- References (to save space you can post the list of references as a QR-code to an external document).
To submit a poster, please complete the following steps:
1) save the file in PDF format or as an image (JPG/PNG);
2) send the poster file in PDF, JPG or PNG, and the YouTube link to submissions (@) nis.edu.kz, with a title “Poster. <Topic>”.
3) Deadline for poster submission is 7 October 2022.
4. Requirements for Publishing in the Conference Proceedings
A Proceedings volume for the NIS International Research-to-Practice Conference is expected to be published.
Presenters may publish their work in the Proceedings if:
- their abstract has been accepted for the Conference;
- their work has been included in the Programme of the XII NIS International Research-to-Practice Conference.
If you would like your publication to be included in the Proceedings volume, please send it by 23:00 (Nur-Sultan time) on 20 October 2022 to the following email addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for papers in Kazakh)
- email@example.com (for papers in Russian)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for papers in English)
Requirements for articles submission in three languages may be accessed via the link.
Family, school and community: thinking and acting for a child
Teachers Changing the World of Schooling
Next Generation Schools
Values, Wellbeing and Innovation
for the Future of Education
Taking Change to Scale in Education
Education: Research and Sustainable Development
Welcome to the XIII NIS Conference!
Dear teachers, colleagues and friends!
Tune into the Intellectual Podcast we organised with international speakers, where they discuss key issues in education we face today. You can access all of the podcast episodes here.
Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools AEO is a leading educational driver for changes in secondary education in Kazakhstan. Since 2008, we have developed innovative educational programs, assessment systems and educational resources for teacher training that are disseminated throughout the education system in Kazakhstan. Go to NIS website